Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Coppa update

Well the Coppa from the butchery post came out of the cure today weighing almost exactly 10% less than it did when it was completely fresh. Make sure to rinse it before you weigh it, the amount of salt and moisture will mess up the weight.

I rinsed and rubbed it with white wine, it's a cheap chardonnay.

For my spice i chose Fennel and Black Pepper.  I didn't measure out the amounts for the spices, just made sure to get nice coverage.

Finally I used the remainder of my beef bung to encase it and again I used the continuous tie method.  Here it is hanging with the rest of my salumi so far.  It's starting to get kind of crowded in the chamber, can't wait till that cacciatorini is done, I'll be sure to make a "tasting" post.





No comments:

Post a Comment